What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Ultimate Classic Rock - 145 Artists not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
WEIRD AL YANKOVIC

When a man has had the same band since 1981, 14 albums, 15m+ albums sold, 5 Grammys, an Emmy, a star on the walk, respected by the entire music community, a cultural icon, a huge influence on music in general and one of only 5 acts to have a top forty hit in 4 decades… I think you should be in.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just a quick glance at the list and i noticed a rather large number of Prog Rock individuals/groups. With all the one hit wonders included in the HOF, some of those names are bizarre

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I listen to Eddie Trunk’s show on SiriusXM Faction Talk, and he goes nuts about how rock artists are ignored, or wait way too long to be recognized. Boston, Grand Funk Railroad, Iron Maiden and Ronnie James Dio are my top 4 injustices. Other omissions- EL&P, Paul Rogers and Styx.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Joe Cocker, John Fogarty, BTO, CSNY, but yeah a lot of seemingly obvious omissions whether single hits, lifetime achievement, overall importance to Music History and especially in comparison to some that are already admitted. I can see an argument Greg Allman might not get in as a solo, but Peter Gabriel is in while Phil Collins is not seems strange. Sometimes trying to tease out R&R vs soul vs R&B vs Pop leaves me baffled to say the least.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
That's a very surprising list. At least half of those on it I would have guesses were already in the HOF. There are only 2 groups on that list I've never heard of - and of the rest... While there are several I just don't care for, *everyone* on that list deserves to be inducted with every artist listed having had a major impact on R&R. While the majority look to be progressive/art/hard/heavy rock there are groups from just about every genre of rock represented in that list. FWIW - I regularly listen to a good 3/4 of the artists on that list.

In the end, I approach the R&R: HOF in much the same way as any other awards type show/thing. It tends to be a popularity type contest and/or rewards those who do the most pandering and not necessarily those who *deserve* to be inducted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks