What's new

Pre-Order The Three Stooges Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (7 Viewers)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Having these 4 wanna haves restored and on Bluray make it easy to pop on this set!! The shorts are just the icing in the Blu ray!!!
  • Have Rocket – Will Travel
  • The Three Stooges Meet Hercules
  • The Three Stooges in Orbit
  • The Three Stooges Go Around the World in a Daze
Three Stooges Dancing GIF

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Having these 4 wanna haves restored and on Bluray make it easy to pop on this set!! The shorts are just the icing in the Blu ray!!!
  • Have Rocket – Will Travel
  • The Three Stooges Meet Hercules
  • The Three Stooges in Orbit
  • The Three Stooges Go Around the World in a Daze
Three Stooges Dancing GIF
Agreed! Hoping they are better than the already-existing Mill Creek BDs. I know "Orbit" wasn't released in those but "Outlaw" had some glitch issues that I hope have been corrected.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
This is kinda how the Time-Life sets were marketed. Small, medium and deloooxe. This looks like the medium equivalent.

Wonder when they'll drop the ultra-deloooxe with every short and extra, plus a book or lapel pin or some other tat?

This really should have been an all-or-nothin' venture.
Thre seems to be so many Mondo Swag Bag Editions, that's really not my thing, some people Love it!!!! I'd much rather have great and rare film clips and commentary than 3D photo-rings and mini posters and commemorative coins and other smegma!!!
For me just deliver the goods, less the leather bound dayglow case and slipcover!!
Treasure Chest Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
This is kinda how the Time-Life sets were marketed. Small, medium and deloooxe. This looks like the medium equivalent.

Wonder when they'll drop the ultra-deloooxe with every short and extra, plus a book or lapel pin or some other tat?

This really should have been an all-or-nothin' venture.
It's Sony so who knows? They tend to release something like this and then not revisit it for a decade. From what I recall, they were reluctant at first to release The Three Stooges to DVD. They had those single-disc collections and then the colorized DVD. Years later, they finally released chronological sets that were big sellers from them. They haven't learned their lesson from that or there must be new people in charge who are not familiar with that era of DVD. Fans have been asking for BDs of the Stooges for a long time. This might be it for a while.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Aright Knuckleheads, Spread out...Spread out...!

Way to many questions running through my mind....

Why the missing 90 shorts? Seems like a half measure :oops:

Are the two filmed in 3D going to get a proper 3D presentation? :cool:

Glad to hear that the inclusion of all 8 Theatrical films controlled by Sony, they should have reached out to Disney/20th to be able to include those tow features as well, IMO. ;)

Nice to include the 2000 bio film, but those missing shorts are more important than the Telefilm. :confused:

As for included extras, Are there going to be any Commentaries? Has any one at Sony contacted Bradlev Server ( Curly's Grandson) and Andy Pagana.

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Hopefully the 90 missing shorts are ones with reused footage/partial remakes - those really wouldn't be missed - except for the four "Fake Shemp" shorts.
Hate to disagree, but yes they would, because even those contain different bits. from the guys that may not be in another one of the shorts

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rdf8585
Hate to disagree, but yes they would, because even those contain different bits. from the guys that may not be in another one of the shorts
I agree, and frankly, several of the Shemp remakes improve upon the originals. Of course, original shorts would have been better but the remakes sometimes find ways to improve upon the originals. Be it getting tightened up, pacing, etc.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
If anyone here has any contacts with Sony, please press them on this release. It's kind of ridiculous to put out a product description for something that costs $230 without even specifying what specific titles are included.
Agreed! There really should be a list of the shorts included in the press release. That's a half-assed job right there to issue an announcement and yet be so vague about what is actually included. Do people go to the store and buy unlabeled bread and think "maybe it's rye, maybe it's pumpernickel but it's all bread. Okay, I'll buy it." LOL

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I agree, and frankly, several of the Shemp remakes improve upon the originals. Of course, original shorts would have been better but the remakes sometimes find ways to improve upon the originals. Be it getting tightened up, pacing, etc.
Yes.... Dear God.... For the love of Shemp, was there at the beginning and walked away to a pretty good spot, showing up in some great films, Thin Man, Arabian Nights, and others, some good works at Universal and Paramount as well, while the others were kind of tied to the Contract at Columbia,

Disorder in the Court is one of four Columbia Stooges shorts that fell into the public domain after the copyright lapsed in the 1960s, the other three being Malice in the Palace (1949), Sing a Song of Six Pants and Brideless Groom (both 1947). Consequently, these four shorts frequently appear on budget video compilations and streaming services. But Sony should have the OCN so theses can be seen proper.

as for the missing 90 shorts ..... Contact DEWEY, CHEATEM AND HOWE ;)

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I know I’m in the minority here, and maybe a minority of one, but I wonder why Stop , Look And Laugh is never included in these releases? It’s a fun compilation, and features Paul Winchell, and New York Stooge host Joe Bolton. It could have been included as a bonus feature.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I'm surprise by all of the complaints in this thread because yesterday afternoon after seeing the Amazon preorder link, I thought this release would be met with happiness. I guess I was wrong! By the way, I immediately preordered it on Thursday.
I’m happy and buying!

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
Are the two filmed in 3D going to get a proper 3D presentation? :cool:

Nice to include the 2000 bio film, but those missing shorts are more important than the Telefilm. :confused:

As for included extras, Are there going to be any Commentaries? Has any one at Sony contacted Bradlev Server ( Curly's Grandson) and Andy Pagana.
Good questions about the 3D shorts and the commentaries (there's also Leonard Maltin/Gary Lassin/Brent Seguine too?) Probably wayyy to co$t prohibitive in any case.

The 2000 bio pic is dreadful. I wish it would go away. Chiklis was a miserable Curly.

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
I'm surprise by all of the complaints in this thread because yesterday afternoon after seeing the Amazon preorder link, I thought this release would be met with happiness. I guess I was wrong! By the way, I immediately preordered it on Thursday.
I pulled the trigger immediately upon seeing the post. Still scratching my old, grey head about the incomplete presentation, though.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I think it's most because Stooge completists would want all shorts on Blu Ray. And I must admit, I would like to see a list of exactly what is included BUT, personally, I am buying it just to have The Three Stooges in Orbit on Blu Ray which is worth the entire set to me.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Good questions about the 3D shorts and the commentaries (there's also Leonard Maltin/Gary Lassin/Brent Seguine too?) Probably wayyy to co$t prohibitive in any case.

The 2000 bio pic is dreadful. I wish it would go away. Chiklis was a miserable Curly.
The 3D shorts were included in the BD release of the film The Mad Magician. So I'm okay with it if they leave those off. I just hope they include some of my favorite shorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petr
Recent bookmarks