What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The Rain People is a generation searching for answers that don’t find them in this aimless road picture from a great director.

The Rain People (1969)

Released: 27 Aug 1969
Rated: R
Runtime: 101 min

Director: Francis Ford Coppola
Genre: Drama

Cast: James Caan, Shirley Knight, Robert Duvall
Writer(s): Francis Ford Coppola

Plot: When a housewife finds out she is pregnant, she runs out of town looking for freedom to reevaluate her life decisions.

IMDB rating: 6.8
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: Warner Archive
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: English 2.0 DTS-HDMA

Subtitles:...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
My not-yet-wife and I saw The Rain People during its first run and were duly impressed by the whole endeavor.

Wayne Klein

Supporting Actor
And yet when Terence Malick makes movies that do similar things, we praise him. I think we are looking through the lens of history at the film and who Coppola became not who he was at the time. The same thing can be said for early Hitchcock, Kubrick, Zinnemann, Wilder, Spielberg, etc. most directors don’t come fully formed-they take themes that appeal to them and find their voice, while this isn’t a film Imwould revisit a lot, I think it’s pretty good. It’s representative of the generation at the time. Not all films can provide answers nor are they meant to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks