What's new

MeTV Toons Channel (4 Viewers)

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
MeTV Toons is a new MeTV channel coming in the summer (June 25th) where they are showing a large variety of cartoons from the Looney Tunes to Scooby Doo to Woody Woodpecker to Speed Racer and many studio cartoons in between (much like the old Boomerang channel).
I know this forum is for DVD releases but I wanted to express my curiosity as to whether they'll be airing the remastered versions of these cartoons (Warner is one of the distributors for the content ).
The Abbott and Costello cartoons are going to be on here--I hope they remastered those old looking prints for this channel. Also there will be Josie and the Pussycats and UnderDog (which I know they have recently remastered).

Desslar

Screenwriter
Real Name
Stephen
MeTV Toons is a new MeTV channel coming in the summer (June 25th) where they are showing a large variety of cartoons from the Looney Tunes to Scooby Doo to Woody Woodpecker to Speed Racer and many studio cartoons in between (much like the old Boomerang channel).
I know this forum is for DVD releases but I wanted to express my curiosity as to whether they'll be airing the remastered versions of these cartoons (Warner is one of the distributors for the content ).
The Abbott and Costello cartoons are going to be on here--I hope they remastered those old looking prints for this channel. Also there will be Josie and the Pussycats and UnderDog (which I know they have recently remastered).
Interested to see the Abbott and Costello cartoons, which I have never seen. I understand Abbott was not really in a good way in terms of health or finances when he made them.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
There are a few of those A&C cartoons available on Youtube to get an idea of what they were all about, which [to me] were OK but nothing too special though...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_QpRiNiWrc

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Local stations that will carry METV Toons so far. More will be added. Mostly Weigel owned subchannels. Hopefully Verizon Fios in my area will carry it. I get the main MeTV from a local TV station WJLP Middletown NJ on Fios in HD. I also get MeTV + in SD from a subchannel of WZME Bridgeport CT. Subchannels of both those station will carry MeTV Toons . Both channels too far away to pick up over the air. WZME says MeTV Toons will be SD 4:3 instead of 16:9 .

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Here is the schedule beginning June 25.

1717041808150.png

Desslar

Screenwriter
Real Name
Stephen
Not a bad lineup, there's some good stuff in there. I wish there were some more action series though. All we get is Jonny Quest and (not pictured here) Speed Racer and Marine Boy late at night.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It's a shame they can't restore some of the shows as they originally aired such as Rocky and His Friends and The Bullwinkle Show instead of calling it The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends. Of more interest would be the restoration of the animation between shorts on Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound, if that show is eventually added, instead of just the shorts. The restoration of the Paramount logo to the Betty Boop cartoons would be nice especially since Paramount owns them again since their purchase of Aaron Spelling's company which owned the Republic library which included the Betty Boop cartoons.

Last edited:

Desslar

Screenwriter
Real Name
Stephen
Yeah some Herculoids, Space Ghost and Thundarr would be nice.
In the early days of Cartoon Network they aired those older Hanna Barbera action series all the times. It was pretty cool.

Not sure about Thundarr though. That is way overdue for a revival.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petr
Recent bookmarks