What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’m not sure I can trust buying a WB code until it’s already been upgraded to 4k.
Today I received my The Departed 4K/UHD from GRUV. There are two digitals on iTunes. The older HD digital that I purchased several years ago for 4.99 is no longer available for purchase. The newer HD digital that appeared on iTunes last month is available for purchase but is still in HD.

To play it safe, I will not redeem my code that came with my GRUV purchase until I see the 4K upgrade.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I bought the old Departed on iTunes awhile ago so I’m stuck with that until the new one drops to $5

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Today I received my The Departed 4K/UHD from GRUV. There are two digitals on iTunes. The older HD digital that I purchased several years ago for 4.99 is no longer available for purchase. The newer HD digital that appeared on iTunes last month is available for purchase but is still in HD.

To play it safe, I will not redeem my code that came with my GRUV purchase until I see the 4K upgrade.
Per MA, the code should redeem in 4K.

Departed-MA.jpg

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Anything and everything is possible when it comes to streaming. It's the frikkin' wild, wild West.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Anything and everything is possible when it comes to streaming. It's the frikkin' wild, wild West.
The new Apple app is terrible. It’s impossible to tell what resolution anything is available in.
IMG_0048.jpeg

It lists this as 4K Dolby Vision, but that’s only on Paramount+. If you want to rent or buy it on Apple, it’s just HD.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The new Apple app is terrible. It’s impossible to tell what resolution anything is available in.
View attachment 219923
It lists this as 4K Dolby Vision, but that’s only on Paramount+. If you want to rent or buy it on Apple, it’s just HD.
That's the truth.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
View attachment 219923

It's nothing new. That app has been that way forever(?) now. That's partly why losing the iTunes app is such a problem... and I've refused to update my OSes so far (at least) in part because of that.

BTW, I finally decided to just write a review for the AppleTV app (in their App Store) to complain about some key problems w/ it (and briefly comparing it to iTunes app). I suggest others do the same.

_Man_

Last edited:

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Blues Brothers 4K is $4.99 in Apple Store.

Has anyone bought it there? Because it appears that you have to buy the theatrical and extended versions separately!?! That’s unusual.

Are the bonus features the same on each?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’m still confused about Once Upon A. Time in the West. I purchased it via iTunes. My version is no longer available for purchase and a new 4k version was added….my copy still works.

Attachments

• IMG_2566.png
    IMG_2566.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2567.png
    IMG_2567.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’m still confused about Once Upon A. Time in the West. I purchased it via iTunes. My version is no longer available for purchase and a new 4k version was added….my copy still works.
This is the new reality. The days of the free 4K upgrade are coming to an end with this tactic of dead-ending older HD digitals and adding new digital files that are either 4K or can be upgraded to 4K in the near future. My most recent experience is The Departed, a Warner title. Another example is Sleepless in Seattle, a Sony title.

Once Upon a Time in the West is the latest example with it being a Paramount movie.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
This is the new reality. The days of the free 4K upgrade are coming to an end with this tactic of dead-ending older HD digitals and adding new digital files that are either 4K or can be upgraded to 4K in the near future. My most recent experience is The Departed, a Warner title. Another example is Sleepless in Seattle, a Sony title.

Once Upon a Time in the West is the latest example with it being a Paramount movie.
That is really unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petr
Recent bookmarks